- You can buy 12 cloth diapers and three covers in the Clonmel Superquinn (grocery store). Just sitting on the shelf right beside the disposable diapers. The price? A very reasonable 22 euro.
- I made Nigella Lawsons apple charlotte for dessert tonight because i have a box load of apples to use up before we go to Barcelona on Monday. Who could have guessed that applesauce mixed with egg yolk and dumped into a crust of stale bread could come out tasting so delicious.
- Bath was gorgeous. We had some Sally Lunn buns, we toured Roman ruins, we walked in the footsteps of Jane Austen, we visited the birthplace of Cheddar cheese, and gazed at Stonehenge. I could promise you more, and pictures too, but you know better than to believe any promises that I make on this blog.
- Silas's solar sickness only lasted one day. But he did infect a friend, his father, an uncle, and cousin. So, hooray for solar sickness!
- The weather has been gorgeous here. 25 degrees Celsius today. Hot, actually.
- I'm pregnant. I don't really know when I'm due because I'm virtually clueless when it comes to my body. But if I think back to around the time when all I wanted to eat was doughy bagels smeared with creamy cheese, I figure it was probably only moments after I finished nursing Silas. So that makes me due around mid to late October. Hooray! I'm going to be one of those women who spends the rest of her life either pregnant or nursing. Maybe I'll be barefoot too! Ok, just kidding. We're really happy about a new baby, I just have to cynical about everything.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
We interrupt this blog hiatus to tell you this incredible news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Why is your last bullet not the first bullet? Mmm... bagels and cream cheese.
josh's solar sickness lasted 3 days but he's feeling better now. that's what he gets for sharing silas' sippy cup
Glad to have you back blogging- to hear you enthuse about apples and sickness and trips,it's memorable and of course topping it off with the barefoot and preg bit is just classic..I'm overjoyed,but then it's all sit back and enjoy the kid time here in grannyville,so I might be biased--hope all is going well and will talk soon- adn even see soon!!!- LOVE MUM L
Congratulations!
BABY!!!!! YAY!!!!!
Congratulations!!!
-- John and Jen Coy
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations!!
love you, Beth (& Gijs)
Bridget -- we had a little reunion last night at Green Mill, for a going away party for Dan Wetenkamp. Ryann (looking cute as can be with her baby tummy) advised me to read the blog, which I have never done. Congratulations to you both! Yea, I agree, how did you save that bit of news for the last entry that day?
Silas is amazingly grown up since last I looked -- what a big boy! It sounds like you have had a lot of fun on your travels, and I will read further on to the back pages to catch up. We are all good, healthy and employed! Ida
Post a Comment