- When I was in labor with Silas at three in the morning I started reading Alexander McCall Smith's "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" and I spent the day in the hospital nursing the baby and finishing the book. Catherine sent "The Sunday Philosophy Club" with my mom, by the same author for this time around.
- She's staying home taking care of farm chores and meal preparation so our mom can spend 10 days here pampering me. cuddling with Emmet, and playing "pay-doh" and "bideos" with Silas.
- This also included helping our grandma put on her compression hose on Thanksgiving. I don't know which was more traumatic for her; that chore, or being with me when Silas was born.
- She, along with my equally amazing Aunt Susan and mother, created this masterpiece of a quilt for Silas. And the beautiful Waldorf doll Silas is holding Clever Catherine tried to give him a removable beard and name him Michael Finnegan, but Silas decided to give him an Irish name Callum. Perhaps because we asked "What should we call him?" Although Rachel thinks he wanted to name him Gollum.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
My awesome sister
As Silas would say, "a whole buncha' " reasons that I love my sister Catherine:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Siblings are a blessing-even though we don't always get the immediecy of thinking that and saying it in so many words. Your family is blessed with 4 close sisters and Orrin's with 4 close siblings and now Silas with Emmet. The world tumbles on-and we are Blessed with LOVE _MUM L
I love the quilt set. I'm happy to hear you so full of joy. Congratulations again!
Post a Comment