Friday, November 30, 2007

Shooting pictures with bullets!

  • Everything is fine, at the moment. But give me 20 minutes and I'm sure I'll be crying about how quickly the time goes by, or how soft Emmet's hair is, or some such nonsense. It's definetly not as hard as it was the first time around, but the tiredness, the irrational thoughts, the extreme irritability, like old friends they are. I'm downing the whole bottle of Bach Rescue Remedy, at only 27% alcohol, it might take a few bottles.
  • My first nanny, Grandma Lise, departed this morning. And the second nanny, Grandma Linda, has arrived. I survived the hour alone with two babies and actually took a shower by myself and made the bed. Silas has already trained the new grandma in, playing bear hibernation, "bideos," and play-doh.
  • While making the bed I discovered Emmet's umbilical cord. Orrin told me it had fallen of in the middle of the night but we didn't know where it was. At least it didn't accidentally go in the wash in the foot of his pajamas.
  • While I was in the shower Silas stomped around, miraculously not waking Emmet up, and got my clothes ready for me to get dressed. Apparently, my new fashion consists of pink socks, a pair of long underwear bottoms, and a bra. I guess that's all he could reach. And it shows off my new stretch marks.
  • I was actually able to put on regular pants today. Granted, they used to be "relaxed" fit and now are a bit more, shall we say, "form fitting."
  • Silas is missing his drinking buddy. Caption for this picture "Did that smell come out of you?"
  • We adults are also missing Rachel and Ellis. So much, that we've been calling Emmet Ellis ever since he was born. Also, we are bemoaning the loss of Ellis's cooking skills. Here he shows Silas the finer points in licking the cake batter from the birthday cake for Emmet and me.
  • Emmet's belly button is a bit infected. It doesn't look bad but has this kind of gross smell. To illustrate the insanity of this baby blues thing, I feel like I have horribly mutilated my son, by letting it become infected. The worst thing is that it smells a little bit, and nothing to make you feel maternal like cuddling up to your sweet soft perfect baby and smell something that vaguely reminds you of clipping a goats hooves.
  • Meanwhile Silas is ADORABLE with his brother. he is always asking to hold him, then runs and gets a blanket and the boppy pillow and sits on the couch with his arms out awaiting delivery of the baby into his arms. He kisses his forehead, and informs me when he needs his mommy, when he needs to burp, when he wants some milk, and when he needs to go to bed. Nothing like taking parenting advice from your toddler. Or maybe he still remembers some of the nuances of baby-ese.
  • This post took way too long to put up because the formatting is jacked. But my head hurts so, my apologies if it sucks. At least there are a few pictures....

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Great pics- especially excellent shots of Emmet.

Is the rescue remedy working? The motherwort is supposed to be good for that feeling too. But, the cohosh was supposed to make the baby arrive, so.....

Lise M. said...

Thanks for the photos - I miss you guys like crazy! It makes me a little sad that Silas replaced me so quickly, but I'm also very glad he's lucky enough to have TWO loving sets of grandparents - especially grandmas willing to make that trip to spend time with their grand-boys!
No one cares about your formatting skills, just hearing about your day (and a few pics, please) is all we need. we LOVE you!

Casey said...

They are so cute.