We're watching Sid the Science kid this morning and he's using a magnifying glass.
Silas: Mom? Can we use a magify (sic) like that?
Me: We can if we can find one. I'm not sure we have one.
Silas: We can make one.
Me: I'm not sure I know how to make a magnifying glass.
Silas: Yes you do. I know how to make one.
Me: You do?
Silas: Yeah. You cut the glass, then you grind it and shape it. And polish it. Then, put a handle on it. Then you can look at it and make things bigger.
Bam! Magnifying glass.
2 comments:
Oh I love the science -engineer combo going on here--so step to it mom, I know YOU can do anything, when HE sets your mind to it!-Have a happy pre season-miss ya-MUM
Since he seems to have it down, I would like a quote on 300 custom lenses, 100 mm focal length, 42 mm in diameter, biconvex in either BK-7 or flint glass. Please pitch polish and apply a broad band AR coating.
Post a Comment