There has been so little going on here I haven't even been taking pictures. The most exciting news is that I'm pregnant and the baby is due mid-September. And the past few months have been spent complaining and lying around a lot. So, it's not much fun to write about, or read about frankly. But finally I am feeling better and the sinus cold thing I had seems to have passed on too. So now we can get back to our regularly scheduled business of having fun.I started a custom order whole grain bakery business with my friend and neighbor called "Bridget's Kitchen." You can check it our here if you haven't seen it already.
Mom and Dad came up a couple weeks ago. The weather was starting to get nice so we enjoyed a trip to Como Zoo and the MN raptor center. Mom and Dad built a climbing net to add to the playground, and Dad and Orrin built supports for swings. They got a chance to babysit for us and Orrin and I joined friends for dinner then went out to a movie together for the first time in 4 years. Don't know that Alice in Wonderland was worth it, it wasn't even the 3-D version. But we still appreciated the time away. Mom and I took Silas to see a children's theatre production of Snow White. The best part of the evening was when Silas commented that Sleepy was a lot like Grandpa Mike.
We are just back home from Michigan for Easter weekend. The boys all went mountain biking- Silas and his cousin Ian even got to tag along on one trip.
There was the usual egg decorating and hunting. My Mom and Dad drove up for a quick visit and brought goodies from the farm. Plants, a tire swing, and baby chickens. Silas and Emmet had great fun playing with assorted wheeled toys and the sand and paving bricks down by the garage. We just hope Grandpa William remembers what good brick masons they are when he actually attempts to pave the driveway. of course we always come hope loaded down with treasure, this time an aluminum donkey swing, a large ceramic crock, matching robes for all four of us, dump trucks for the boys, and books, among other things.
There was the usual egg decorating and hunting. My Mom and Dad drove up for a quick visit and brought goodies from the farm. Plants, a tire swing, and baby chickens. Silas and Emmet had great fun playing with assorted wheeled toys and the sand and paving bricks down by the garage. We just hope Grandpa William remembers what good brick masons they are when he actually attempts to pave the driveway. of course we always come hope loaded down with treasure, this time an aluminum donkey swing, a large ceramic crock, matching robes for all four of us, dump trucks for the boys, and books, among other things.The garden is in the early stages where I get impatient and want to rush everything along. The garlic and rhubarb are coming up. One strawberry plant seems to have made it so far. Every single tulip bulb I planted came up and not a single daffodil. We have mountains of straw from the duck pen I need to till into the garden, so I am anxious to do that. The lettuce I planted in the cold frame seems to be doing really well. I'll need to thin it in the next few days.
Silas starts kindergarten in the fall. He has his last immunizations on Friday. Monday we'll have an ultrasound of the baby. Still undecided if we want to find out the gender. I'll keep you updated.
3 comments:
Please no comments about the crazy hair featured in both of those pictures.
How about you have them tell you only if it's a girl! :-)
So good to hear from you again. Thanks!!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment