For instance the sweetness of Silas:
Me: Sorry I was grouchy this evening.
Silas: That's ok Mom. You're just tired. You've been getting up early and going to bed late. You should go right to bed.
Or the silliness of Emmet:
Emmet: Cat's don't make milk. They don't have udders.
Me: I don't have an udder, and I make baby milk for Reuben.
Emmet: Uh! (uncontrolled giggles) I'm 'magining you with an udder! (more giggling)
Or how Reuben is teething and his mouth and nose have become like open faucets of fluid. And yet is still generally good natured and smiley.
And how I have mixed feelings about leaving our cute little house in Anoka, our dear friends and neighbors, and finding a new place in St. Joseph. I'm glad to be closer to home and family, and we have some old friends I will be able to reconnect with and I know new friends are waiting to be made. But there are doubts and uncertainties to be overcome before the comforting settling in can occur.
7 comments:
I've still got your blog in my RSS feed, so I'm happy to read anything you deem worthy to put down.
I still read it. I needed a laugh at work today. Thanks.
Still on my feed too. It surprised me, I thought you had left it for dead!
I didn't even realize you were leaving! That's what I get for not being on facebook. How much time do I have to get more pancake mix? One day I aim to be closer to family too. I'll email you!
we're still here! Pictures, please!
May I suggest a terry cloth mustache for Reuben?
Hi Bridget,
I have your page bookmarked and check it occasionally. It was nice to see a new addition with sweet stories of the boys.
Good luck with your move.
Sarah
Post a Comment