I finally finished the little devil toddler pants from the Stitch and Bitch Nation Book that I received for Christmas last year. I started the pants when I went to visit Rachel in March, so less than three months later they are actually done. There is one row on one leg where Silas pulled the needle out and when I put the stitches back on I didn't get them twisted correctly and there is one funny tiny little hole in the butt, but other than that I am pretty proud of having made a pair of pants out of string.
When I finished them this morning Silas hated them. I put them on him and he screamed "No like!" over and over again while tugging at them trying to get them off. He claimed they were "ee-chee" I word I think he learned from the Dr. Suess ABC book, via itchy itchy Ichabod.
So I was discouraged. But this evening some how Orrin convinced him that they were soft and cool. I think it had something to do with the pants marching and dancing around the kitchen and up the stairs. Suddenly, they were the most desirable pants ever.
So he is wearing them now, and swinging the tail around, (it's removable; there is a button). They are still a little bit big so that maybe he can wear them for Halloween since I won't be up for sewing up costumes come October.
3 comments:
Those are so cool! Are you going to knit a matching hoodie sweatshirt with horns?
silas is so evil/cute!! i think the word i'm looking for is 'mischievous'... or however you spell it
You are awesome! I can't knit more than a square without giving up.
Post a Comment