Sunday, October 07, 2007

A plug

We haven't really had to rely on sticker charts, rewards, punishments, bribes, etc. for Silas. In theory, I'd say I think they generally aren't the best system of discipline, because I think they teach kids only to be concerned with the consequences that certain behaviors or actions will have on them. And kids, well let's face it human beings, are already pretty self centered for the most part. So it seems, that a better approach is one that gets them to consider the effects of their actions on other people.
That said, I know lots of people swear by these sticker charts. And really who am I to condemn them with all my two years of experience with one child.
Also, I'm all for the mothers that are creative and driven enough to actually go out and create and publish something, anything. Because it's a great accomplishment, and also setting a great example for her children. So, for all of these reasons, plus because she's a friend of mine who is smart as a whip and funny as a... umm...naked mole rat? You should go check out this site , and especially if you are looking for cute, colorful, sticker or reward chart with lots of instructive pictures for your toddler.

No comments: