Thursday, April 03, 2008

Keeping it real

We've been watching episodes of Curious George ever since Mom sent them to Silas for Easter. They are really cute and well done so even though I initially wanted to keep it to one episode a day sometimes it stretches into two or three depending on Emmet's behavior, what else I need to get done, the weather outside, etc.
Anyway, the man in the yellow hat is always, rather naively, telling George to be a good little monkey. Maybe you remember this from the books? So yesterday I asked Silas if he was being a good little monkey.
"No, Mom. I'm Silas!" He says dropping his head and tilting his chin in an exasperated fashion.
"Oh, are you being a good little Silas then?" I asked, rather naively, I guess.
"No, Mom. I'm the REAL Silas!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes the 2's - if you think their lodgic stuns you now-just wait, until they turn 13 and know it all,kids are astounding. But lucky for us they still make really stupid decisions so we do have a purpose!-MUM

Casey said...

Well, at least he's honest.