Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm so glad

that I took the trouble to explain why Silas couldn't eat the chocolate muffin that was left on the edge of the bathroom sink last night (because it's hard and stale, because it was left out in the air, because we didn't put it in the tin, because we forgot, because we were busy, because food has to be put away to stay fresh, because the air dries it out, because the wind takes the water away, like when we made hay at grandma house, the wind dried out the grass and made it hard, because the air takes the water up to the clouds and when there is enough water in the clouds it comes back as rain. Who knew I would be explaining the water cycle... but that finally seemed to satisfy him.) only to hear him tell Uncle Nathan that he couldn't come into the living room because there are snails on the floor.
No one wants to step on a snail in their bare feet.

1 comment:

sonja said...

Nice new picture! Orrin is starting to look a little shaggy though. Maybe a trim is in order.