Thursday, July 24, 2008

Silas to Orrin as he's going to bed

I don't know how to close my eyes Dad. But when I'm an adult I'm be an engineer. But when I have kids I won't be an engineer anymore. You're an engineer Dad. Did you know that? Mom an engineer too. You're two engineers!

We're back in Ireland we had a great, but busy time at home. My apologies to everyone that I didn't make plans to see, that we didn't spend more time with you, that I had crabby moments, that my kids were hellions (I didn't think they were too bad, but I'm used to them, so I'm apologizing if you thought they were appalling), and for not posting even a picture here.

I came back to a dead basil plant, a clean kitchen, no laundry, and an empty fridge. Last night we had a picnic dinner of baked banana walnut oatmeal in front of the TV, watching a new episode of Curious George on DVD. I was in bed by 9:30 and didn't get up until 10:30 this morning. Uncle Nathan was up an hour before us! We fixed Silas's hammering bench, played cars, had lunch, cut out pictures from magazines (Silas loves using scissors), went to story time at the library, stopped at the grocery store, made fried rice for dinner, and build a rocket ship with the new/birthday super fort toy. Both boys are in bed courtesy of Daddy, and I'm trying to win back your favor after not posting anything for nearly three weeks. If you don't already read them you can check my sisters' blogs for some info on what i've been doing the past few weeks, and I'll put up pictures and stories here in the next few days. I hope.

No comments: