Monday, August 04, 2008

Donut Whole

Because the donut delivery truck apparently doesn't visit Clonmel until 10:30 or so, I was forced to take matters into my own hands.
Viola! The wholegrain western style donut, made with whole wheat and barley flours, cinnamon and nutmeg, with a molasses glaze, and finished with Silas's personal selection of sprinkles to suit your personality.
Infinitely better than anything that would have been on offer in the multitude of shops we stopped in looking for donuts. And when you factor in the buckling into car seats, driving, walking, parking, listening to squabbling; quite a bit easier too. These cake style donuts really only took about 45 minutes start to finish. I guess there is clean up too, but I'm delegating that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed!

Anonymous said...

I can see how well they went over- only 1 left- and now you've made me hungry for the old drop "greasy" style I always made (no the whole wheat is a new/old idea yet to catch on with us)- MUM

Anonymous said...

I can see how well they went over- only 1 left- and now you've made me hungry for the old drop "greasy" style I always made (no the whole wheat is a new/old idea yet to catch on with us)- MUM

Anonymous said...

those sound delicious bridget! where did you get the recipe?

ps can't wait to see you all next weekend!