- Emmet's favorite number used to be 100 and 50 twelve. But now that he's older his favorite is 152. Because it's the biggest number there is.
- He had his first real dentist appointment this morning. He was so well behaved and brave, even though he was nervous. His adorable little tiny three year old self was dwarfed by the huge dentist chair.
- He also started pre-school this week. He's usually so obstinate, easily frustrated, and a strange combination of independent and clingy I was really worried. But needlessly. He loves it. He's been much more locaqucious about what happens at pre-school than Silas was, so it's been fun to hear about ALL the happenings on the first day.
- "Raisins are the only thing I know how to cook." He's going to make someone a fine wife someday.
- His usual delay tactics at bedtime involve getting out of bed to ask us important questions. Tonight's was "How do you know if a river or lake is really really super deep? How does anybody know how deep it is?"
- And finally, "I have to something really super duper important before I go to sleep. Kiss you on the tip of your nose."
Thursday, September 15, 2011
All in a day's Emmet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bridget,
Didn't know to check your blog until your mother told me you had revived it. It is soooooo good to read about your family. Keep it up!! PLease.
Carol
Love this update on Emmet. Sounds like he and Robert are on the same page-- Robert's favorite bedtime delay tactic is, "Mama, I have some questions about Firemen. And then about Policemen. And then about Ambulancemen. And finally, about Tow Truck Drivers."
Needless to say, these questions are in 17 parts, and come complete with Powerpoints. And he also insists that I come in and kiss him after he is asleep. THAT one I can handle. :-)
Post a Comment