Orrin returned from Brazil this afternoon, and because it was supposed to be a beautiful day, I took the boys to Sarett Nature center this morning. They ran around as though they hadn't been outside all winter. Reminds me of the energy seeds store up over the long winter that is unleashed to push the sprout up thorough the soil. We walked along the treetop trail, and ran around tasting the sap from the maple syruping buckets. "Not very sweet"
We headed into the nature center where we watched some birds, got to pet a couple snakes, a rabbit, ate the chocolate chip cookies I packed, put together a puzzle, fed a bearded dragon, and put on a puppet show. Reuben had some bonding time with
his "spirit animal" (as Aunt Catherine calls it).
Just as I was telling the boys we needed to get home to meet Dad, the phone rang and it was Orrin, already home and wondering where his loving family was. He drove over to meet us and we walked out through the bog walks. We were basking in the warm sunshine but Orrin was still acclimating from the 90 degree weather in Brazil and kept his hat and winter coat on.
1 comment:
In my defense, the day I said Reuben's spirit animal was a skunk, there were two consecutive very smelly diapers.
Post a Comment