Thursday, May 24, 2012

Piano Recital

Silas had his first piano recital Saturday evening. He rubbed his hands together and cracked his fingers before he started playing. If he had been wearing a jacket with tails he may have flipped them out over the bench behind him. It delighted Grandma Lise, who had made a special trip up to see the performance.

He was actually excited to dress up in his seersucker suit. I came upstairs to help him and he was tucking the bottom of the pants into his socks. I asked him why and he said because he wanted to look nice. I guess I had told him to tuck his shirt in for baseball pictures last week to look nice, and he thought everything should be tucked. He even got to pick out a boutonniere from the flowers in the yard. Did his cuteness make up for errors in rhythm? Maybe not, but he seemed to enjoy the experience, or at least the ice cream following it.
 And here's one that's going to be a tear jerker in 20 years....
 In an evening of firsts- Silas lost his first baby tooth Saturday night at bed time. 
The he came home from school Wednesday with a second tooth in an envelope. 

2 comments:

Beth.vG said...

omg. Look at him in his suit!! What a great experience/memory. :)

Catherine said...

He looks a little bit like a small Tom Wolfe, if only he had a white shirt on and a hat and coat. Super adorable!