Meanwhile, Orrin was at sleep-away work training camp all week. 30 minutes up the road, but couldn't come home at night. Long, long week.
Mom came up for a day and a half and sewed some beautiful curtains for the babies' room. They aren't up yet, because we still have to make the rod. I painted the second bathroom and started stenciling the border. Only a few things left on the list until the bathroom is done. I can't wait to have the toilet out of the babies' room and cast iron tub out of the boys' room.
Speaking of toilets, Reuben is on his way to diaper freedom and gummy bear addiction. Although I can't say I relish the task of stooping, bending, lifting, and wiping at 8 months pregnant (or anytime really), it will be nice to have just the two babies in diapers.
But the culmination of the week was a surprise baby shower thrown for me by my wonderful, fun, but sneaky friends. Sorry, not sneaky, resourceful. I've never had a surprise party before and it was really nice. Luckily, few pictures were taken, so it won't be too apparent that I woke up from a nap, dressed for a quick Thai dinner, and planned to crawl back in bed afterwards. So glad so many friends could make it and share such beautiful wishes for my girls.
Today Orrin and Emmet took the train down to Chicago for a little father son time (and Uncle Nathan time). A few weeks ago, Silas and Orrin spend a weekend at Dexter island playing Foosball, Axis and Allies, gathering firewood, eating pizza and toaster pastries, canoeing and exploring, and trying not to freeze. Not sure what all the weekend will hold for Emmet, children's museum, exploring Navy Pier, nerf gun competitions?
After I finally kicked them outside, they decided to fly the planes in distance trials. Pretty cute to see Reuben racing around with a tape measure. I think the Pheonix was the winner.

No comments:
Post a Comment