Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Arrival of the little person

Do you think it is possible to psychologially inhibit your own labor? I have told everyone at work that is Friday will be my last day. And everyone jokes and says, " yeah, if not before that." I don't know if I am just assuming the baby will be late so I'm not so impatient when it actually is late, or if I am actually doing something to prevent it.
Anyway, I am glad that I will be at home next week with my sister. I hope I will not obsess about the baby, but I probably will. At least I won't have work committments I am trying to complete. But still, my tactic is to make plans like going blueberry picking, and swimming at the lake, I figure I can fake the baby out and if he thinks I am looking forward to something else that's when he will arrive. But I just hope I don't take it too far and end up having to be induced. Ugh- that would suck. How could I not feel like my body was a failure for not even being able to get a baby out on it's own?
I watched a documentary on PBS the other day called Big Enough. It was about dwarves. Suprise suprise, I dreamed that the baby was a dwarf. The dream was sort of in fast forward becasue we thought the baby was average size and we were really happy and everything was going along and then when the baby was three or four we realized he was a dwarf. And the only thing I really remember thinking is that now Orrin (who is 6'5", and is always hanging pictures and mirrors way too high, and trying to install super tall bathroom sinks for his own comfort) will have to consider someone else point of view.

No comments: