I got an email from a neighbor back in Minnesota. I was really happy to hear from her, but it also made me really homesick. I miss my parents and sisters and everybody, but I didn't live next door to them. This woman and I would walk our dogs together, she babysat for me, we played cards with them, and signed petitions for historical preservation.
We only lived in our house for two and a half years but made a point of gettng to know our neighbors. Hearing from her makes me picture our snowy street, our little house, and miss my neighborhood.
Yesterday was mothers day in Ireland. I guess it was my first mothers day. Orrin let me sleep in and took Silas out to pick some daffodils for me. We drove down to the coast to take a 200 foot walk in the wind and rain before we realized how completely ridiculous we were.
Silas is trying to stand up on everything. Drawers, chairs, bookshelves, rubber balls, boxes. He curls his toes under, and rolls up onto the joints as if to reach every fraction of a inch higher.
No comments:
Post a Comment