- Orrin's grandma turned 100 years old yesterday. We forgot to call her. We are headed home to Michigan next weekend though to be a part of the merry making. This woman is amazing. She was shoveling snow last winter, and climbs up a flight of stairs a couple times a day. She's pretty forgetful, but remembers that we have a baby and that we live in Ireland. She's got her share of problems, sure, just wait and she'll tell you about them, repeatedly, but still three digits.
- Lucy's birthday is today! She is working 8 times zones away from me and much as I love her I will not be staying up that late to wish her a happy birthday over the phone. Happy Birthday, my sweet sister!
- Silas fell down the stairs tonight. Just the last two, but he hit is face pretty hard on the tile floor and gave himself a bit of a bloody nose. Fortunately, I bit of nursing and a kleenex got him all sorted out and he doesn't seem any worse for the wear.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Yikes all around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Owie! Glad that Silas is all right!
Happy Birthday to your family members, and I hope you have an uneventful flight to Michigan for your family get-together!
As adventurous and fearless as that boy is (so much like his mama), I won't be surprised if he has his first stitches before he's two! But, maybe his parents are too vigilent - stiches used to be every boy's rite of passage when I was a girl (back in Mideaval times). Maybe it's not so much, anymore. Isn't it nice when they stop crying as soon as it stops hurting, instead of prolonging it because their "feelings" still hurt?
Happy 100th Birthday to Mrs. Maria Lorenz! Happy 25th Birthday to Mrs. Lucy M. Shepler!
Glad Silas is ok. That sounds painful.
Happy birthday to your family members! 100 is quite a milestone.
Post a Comment