Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Everyone should have an Orrin

I received the teeniest amount of grief from Orrin yesterday over supposedly blaming our colds on him in the last post. So today, for the sake of fairness, I thought I would share a little example of what a crabapple I was Friday night when the evil cold virus first attacked, and what a tolerant sweet husband I truly do have.
Let me first preface this story with some information. Orrin loves Thera-Flu when he is sick. And if I could make the text of loves blink with flashing pink heart shaped lights around it, I would. He really thinks the stuff has magical powers.

Me: I think I'm starting to get sick too. Will you fill up the kettle while I go upstairs and see if I can find some Thera-Flu?
O: OK.
Me: (coming back downstairs, Thera-Flu in hand) Is there a reason you didn't you fill up the kettle?!
O: Um, I did.
Me: Oh, sorry about that. (impatiently waiting for kettle to boil, and pouring powder into a mug) Will you make it for me?
O: Sure.
Me: Ok, I'm going upstairs to get in my pj's.
O: I'll be right up.
O: (delivering Thera-Flu)
Me: What's wrong with these pillows? They are so lumpy. I can't get them right. Argh, this stupid mug is so hot! Why is this so hot? This tastes awful. I thought you said this stuff was good! It tastes like medicine!
O: (quietly) It is medicine, sweetie.
Me: I know but I thought it was going to be good medicine. You tricked me! This stinks. I hate being sick. Why do these blankets have to be so... blankety?
O: Ok, good night.


In other, non-whiney news, Silas is starting to walk. He's been pulling up on things for the past 5 months or so, and cruising along at lightening speed, but he is either very cautious, or has poor balance because he is just in the past few days walking across the room. He puts his hands on his hips, or straight down at his sides, as though he doesn't need them at all for balance, and just casually strolls across the room. It's very very cute, and I really should get the camera out so I can record some of these first few steps. I've been a bit lax in my picture taking the past few weeks, but we'll get some more taken this weekend I'm sure, since Silas's cousin will be here for extra inspiration.

2 comments:

Lise M. said...

Orrin does deserve a lot of points - the dialog was so true to form, I swear I acually HEARD it! I'm glad you appreciate Orrin - at least once in a while. But he's pretty lucky to have you, too! Glad you're feeling a little better.
Please do get some "film" (what to you call it when it's all digital?) of Silas' first steps. He's probably been practicing in private until he could do it perfectly for an audience! What a sweet little stinker!

Anonymous said...

middle mom- I will try again to get on here to say my 2 (or less) cents worth.