Wednesday, October 18, 2006

By the numbers

1. Fantastically wonderful mum's that I have.
2. DVD's that I can't wait to rip out of their packaging and watch over and over again, Pee's Big Adventure, and Curious Jorge.
3. T-shirt Halloween costumes, because Mom knows how lazy I am.
4. The number of bats stuck to our front window now.
5. The time of day I arrived at the post office with Silas in the stroller to pick up the gigantic package. The nice post man knew I wouldn't be able to manage getting it home, so he offered to drop it by on his way home from work.
6. Cans of creepy Jones Soda.
7. Pumpkins I bought today that are strewn around the house, ready to be intricately carved with the patterns and special saws I received today.
8. Halloween oreo's I ate straight away. They were just going to get stale you know.
9. The page number in the recipe book that has shrunken head cider. (carve apples into faces, bake them in the oven and float in a punch bowl of apple cider- I am so doing this!)
10. The number of times I squealed "Oh, mom, you are so awesome!" (2 is the number of times those squeals were accompanied by spewing oreo crumbs.)
11. Sacks of delightfully silly and fun candy, including gummy brains, gummy fingers, and sour worms.
12. The age I'm going to look after using the Olay anti-aging-anti-blemish stuff, I love that stuff.
13. Days until Halloween!

Thanks Mom, you are the greatest! Love and miss you.

5 comments:

Lise M. said...

I'm so glad you got your spooky package safe and sound (what a nice postman you have!). I hope the hoodie fits Silas - I just guessed on the size - he's growing so fast! Enjoy it - and know that I packed my love in there somewhere too!

Lise M. said...

P.S. I want pictures of the "costumes" (being worn) and of your pumpkin art!

ccw said...

How exciting!

I think packages like this were one of the best parts of living really far away from my mom.

Enjoy the oreos!

Catherine said...

Hey! Were is my dishdome (by this I of course mean my awesome Halloween package)?

Anonymous said...

no joke? although i must say that bridget did get her easter package before we did, so maybe we should have faith in mamsis