The hard drive, she is gone. May she rest in peace. No not officially gone, Orrin is still attempting to resuscitate, with the help of all the lads from work. The building is a former Seagate factory, so many of his colleagues had previous careers as hard drive experts.
He already brought home two "gently used' hard drives to try and install and pull the important info off of ours, before we really do throw it in the bin. Or take it to the recycling center. Or hit it with a hammer until all our computer based frustrations are relieved. I'm really just hoping we can get the last few months of pictures, that's the only thing that wasn't backed up.
Thank all the gods though, Orrin left his laptop at home, he has a desk top at work, so I am not without the all powerful internets! And wireless web! Ahh, now I can watch TV and read blogs at the same time! Except Silas loves to pound on the keys, and climb on my lap, and drip his little snot filled nose everywhere. So it really hasn't been the blessing I was hoping it would be. Not to mention that I am really miserable at typing on this keyboard, and worse still with the little mouse thing.
But I am in a crazy state now, at home alone for an hour. No husband, no baby. I have dance class coming up though, otherwise I'd be soaking in a bubble bath at the moment. Orrin took Silas to a hurling match and I'm off to Irish set dancing. Have we integrated into the culture or what?
We've had a really great week so far though. We had some American friends over on Sunday for a nice meal of meatloaf , mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, and caramel apple cheesecake. We had intended on pulling out the badmiton set, but they day was kind of gray so we sat around inside and watched their 8, 5, and 2 year old build forts and play with Silas. I found out my friend is pregnant and will be moving back to New Zealand in February. Of course, just when I felt like we were really getting to be friends.... But she'll be leaving this part time, work form home web design job that I might start doing so I'm kind of excited about that. And I met a German woman at tea this afternoon who is working with the the people I used to work with in America so I got to hear all about them and how they are doing, which was really fun.
Tomorrow is the mom and toddler group, which I go to even though, as I've said before, Silas is a BABY not a toddler. And Thursday I'm having a few people over for a scrapbooking session, I'm over a year behind of pictures now, so I figured I needed a little jump start. Saturday Orrin is going to his first stag (bachelor) party; I believe they are going paintballing in Limerick. But it's an overnight affair, so I hope they don't get into too much trouble. I guess he can't really because the has to pick up his sister, brother-in-law, and nephew at 8:30 on Sunday from the airport. I am really looking forward to more visitors. It's been over two weeks without a trip or a visit, I think that's the longest stretch since we came to Ireland!
I didn't get this published before I left for dancing and now it's late, and this post is ridiculously pointless and boring, but I haven't posted anything in nearly a week, so you'll have to put up with crap or nothing at all I'm afraid.
Special Bonus update: I think I'll have Orrin set dancing this Thursday. We'll see how he fares.
No comments:
Post a Comment