Ok, I'm working on this Dublin post, but now I feel like it's kind of overdue. And now Silas and I are in Germany with my older and youngest sister. We've been watching lots of TV, playing games, walking, and lots of giggling. So far we've watched, The Importance of Being Earnest, The Office (season one and two, American version), and Farmers Daughter. Up next is Prairie Home Companion.
Today we took the train into Heidelberg. This is my first time on a train since the third grade when we all packed sack lunches and took a field trip to train station. But, yeah! trains are still fun!
We stopped at the bakery and bought some cinnamon stars. These are delicious moist yet crispy, almond meringue iced cookies. I foresee more of them in my future.
We took a tour of the castle ruins and heard some great stories about the castle and its inhabitants. For instance, the daughter of one of the princes was married to the brother of the King of France. He rather hated her and wouldn't talk or look at her, and so she wrote to her aunt, the only conversation they had consisted of farting at each other. Hee. Great stories, see?
Afterwards we had a nice traditional German lunch, schnitzel and spatzle were consumed, and walked down the pedestrian street in the miserable rainy cold weather. They were setting up for the Christmas market though, so we are excited for things to come. But now it is getting late and I'm headed to bed.
More about our Thanksgiving in Germany tomorrow.
(and Dublin accounts someday soon)
No comments:
Post a Comment