Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dog Poop Miracle

No, no, an image of the blessed virgin did not appear to me in canine fecal matter on the streets of Ireland. But, because it's Ireland there is loads of the stuff on the sidewalk in our walk into town to pick up a surprise package from the post office. It was siding samples from a contractor to repair our hail damaged house in MN- very disappointing when I was anticipating a surprise! package! Oh well, there was a miracle en route.

Silas was careening down the sidewalk and I was maneuvering the stroller with one hand trying to ensure that he didn't step into oncoming traffic, and holding a small squashed red berry with the other hand, because, you know, Silas gave it to me and if I dropped it we'd have to go back and pick another one from the shrubs right outside our house. So we're walking down the sidewalk anyway. And Silas takes a direct heading for a steaming pile of fresh dog dung. And because I am not fast or smart I don't gab him, I just kind of say in a loud panicky voice, "Step around!" And then the heavens open up and his little dinosaur booted feet step on either side of the crap, and he straddles the pile and walks right around it, without even the the slightest whiff of a stench clinging to any part of him.

And that my friends is a fine illustration of why I haven't posted in a week. A week! And all I have is a stupid poop story.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cute, very funny!

Why you think this is insufficient material for a post is beyond me. It's hardly as if other bloggers are posting about their imminent successful work achieving cold fusion.

Casey said...

Is there really such a thing as a stupid poop story? Aren't all poop stories really metaphors for larger, loftier themes? I think so.

Catherine said...

Um, have you read my blog? I just blather on about whatever topic has popped into my head while I'm checking my email. Besides, knowing to avoid dog poop is an important skill to have especially when you visit/live in a city that doesn't require pick-up of said poop.

Anonymous said...

Any Silas-in-the-world story is a great one for me.Sorry that the package was so uninteresting-I keep having the best of intentions about sending something fun with the mail-but so far I rarely make it to the PO to just get the min. off- your liscence isn't in yet- we are mostly digging out here-LOVE mum

KLee said...

It wasn't a stupid poop story -- it was cute!

Hey, it could've been worse -- don't knock the cute poop story. He could have picked it up! (Ew. I think I grossed myself out a little there....Sorry!)