Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snippets- because bullets are so 2006

I used to just think that pockets on baby clothes were silly. I mean really what is a baby going to carry in his pockets, a pacifier? Now I know that they are downright stupid. For instance, tonight, Silas stuffed everyone of the five pockets of his overalls with bits of pastry, bread, mashed rutabaga, and corn.

In further food and baby related items, Silas really loves feeding other people food. The other evening he was delivering chocolate covered dried blueberries to me in the living room while I was knitting, and Orrin was washing the dinner dishes and supplying him with the sweets upon each return to the kitchen. Yes it's true, I do sit around eating bon bons all day, and I don't even have to hoist myself up to obtain them. Then today he actually made a cracker into airplane to try to get me to eat it.

Another cute things from the Silas front saying "beep beep" whenever anything is in his way from the hood on his sweater, to my legs in front of the cabinet.
Next time you are annoyed by someone talking on a cell phone consider that it could be worse. I walked back from the library today and for two blocks a girl behind me was screaming to her classmates a block or so ahead, "Amy! Amy! Answer your phone! Your phone! Rebecca! Answer your phone!"
I've been trying to eat more seasonal and also more local food, so when the Irish broccoli disappeared while we were home for Christmas and was replaced with Spanish broccoli (Spain has some of the highest pesticide usage levels on produce) I opted for some Irish savoy cabbage instead to provide some greens. So far we have had cabbage and avocados slaw with sour cream and lime dressing over black bean cakes and rice, and a braised cabbage and sweet pea pasta with cream sauce. Both were quite good, although I'm not sure I'll really be able to make it without any broccoli until the late summer when the Irish stuff returns, but it's a start anyway.
Silas peed in the potty! I know, it's crass and stereotypically mom bloggy, and he hasn't done it since Sunday. But at least it is making me pay a bit more attention to him when he drags me into the bathroom and points to the toilet.

And I promised more pictures, so here are a few, semi-generically captioned for your convienence.

Silas and Grandma Lise heading out to do the barn chores.




Silas feeds Rosalee the Alpine goat.

Cousin Ian takes Silas for a drag around the kitchen.

I'm gonna wrap myself in paper, I'm gonna dab myself with glue, stick some stamps on top of my head, I'm gonna mail myself to you.

No comments: