We had some sunshine today, so I took Silas down to "the fishing hole." It's a little corner lot that is a kind of a park, well, a hill and a little spring and creek at the bottom, with a stone bridge and a little stone spring house. I really had hoped we'd be able to play pooh sticks there, but it's not deep enough and is too clogged with leaves and other sticks already.
Anyhow, the game we play instead is "dip a stick in the water wait a while then pull it out and exclaim what you have caught." We caught a lot of tuna fish, monk fish, sword fish, and cat fish today. It's not a fish unless fish is in the name- sorry salmon, trout, and perch, you are out.
We talked about the concept of catch and release. But I guess I did wrong, because when I say a fish is too little and needs to go back to her mom and dad, Silas proceeded to catch the mom and dad.
But he seems to get the idea that fishing is really just an excuse to be outside. After a couple "casts" he started propping his "pole" up on the spring house, wandering away to look at birds, leaves, dogs, then minutes later returning with surprise that he had caught another fish!
Today Emmet has his first round of immunizations, DTaP and meningitis C, or jabs as they call them here. Silas and I made coconut cupcakes to celebrate Emmet's 2 month birthday. And for him to take to his first sleep over tomorrow night. Orrin and I are going to a wedding and taking Emmet with us. I feel a bit like I'm abandoning him, but I know he will be fine. It's the friend he's staying with I'm worried about, but then she says her youngest is teething and not sleeping anyway so it can't be much worse.
I wish I had a spangley baby carrier to take Emmet in. I always thought those things were ridiculous, who knew I'd actually have to take a baby to a formal event.
2 comments:
How it takes me back to remember the "fishing-hole" down the block -was it really 2 months ago? Greg has to love having another fisherman in the family. Don't worry about the spangles, you know the new baby gets all the attention even at a wedding,just go as your spangely selves. LOVE Mum
Your kids are so cute.
Post a Comment