Yesterday was Emmet's three month mark. It seems like an eternity ago. I can hardly imagine life before him, and it seems that so much has happened since he was born with grandparents passing away, nieces being born, nephews being incubated, traveling, and other family dramas.
He is so different from Silas in the way he sleeps, his preference for looking at faces, rather than being held, and not nursing much for comfort. Yet, he looks nearly identical whether he is yawning, or smiling or sleeping, I keep picturing Silas at that age. And it conjures up all the same feelings, of a perfect potential, a sweet trust, a desire to be a better person, to live up to the hope in his huge blue eyes.
He's up to 15 pounds now. A fact that made me realize when I take both boys for a run in the stroller, I'm pushing about 70 pounds uphill. Also, his hair is getting lighter. Although I think his skin will remain a shade darker than Silas's. I had hoped to get Emmet's birth story posted for his quarter year mark, but it didn't happen. Maybe if I start now it'll be done for next month.
1 comment:
Seems like it is time to update the banner to include little Emmet. I take a snapshot of your blog everyday so that when he is older I can incite trouble by showing him that he wasn't photographed as much as Silas
Post a Comment