Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kid updates


Silas: He's started asking why all. day. long. I think he's just trying to keep the conversation going, because if I kind of go off on a tangent and make the explanation long and detailed enough he seems happy. Even if I didn't adequately explain why the library doesn't open until 10 in the morning.
He's also asking permission for everything. "Should I play with my cars now? Should I sweep now?" Then regardless of my response; "Why?" Argh. He loves sweeping. Which is fine by me. He doesn't really get much picked up, unless the crumbs are mighty. But it keeps him busy. What he is good at is wiping up. Yesterday:
Silas: "I need a rag. I need a wet rag. Ohh, it's not coming up. I need help."
Orrin: "No, you need some elbow grease."
Silas: (rubbing the rag on his elbow, then the floor) "Still not working."

Emmet: Scooting around the floor like crazy. Getting really frustrated when he backs into something and gets "stuck." He's munching on a few solids. A quarter of an apple, a cracker, a spoon dipping in yogurt. Silas has made it a requirement that Emmet have a spoon at every meal now. Emmet generally looses interest and drops it before he gets any nourishment, but he has to be grabbing for the next thing. Immediately. So he's not quite crawling, not quite eating solids, but watching him try both is awfully cute. He loves peek-a-boo. He gets startled a little bit and then started giggling and shrieking with laughter.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Finally! Some pictures.
Emmet looks a little bit different from Silas in this picture....amazing. Or perhaps that's why you chose it. Can't complain about the cuteness of the stories, though. :)

EmmaL said...

He is so cute!!

Lise M. said...

Emmet DOES look a little more like himself in this photo - when I first saw it I thought of his Grandma Linda - something in those twinkling eyes! Thanks for the great photos and the great stories...it sure helps me feel connected to you all. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Emmet is scooting around? My inferiority complex (via Robert) increases.

Nice to see/here Emmet pics and stories. Can't wait to meet him!

Must go fret some more now.:-)