Saturday, June 28, 2008
In America
We made it. 24 hours door to door, thanks to a delay in London Heathrow. But we're here. The boys were pretty much angels, and yet it was still an exhausting trip. The airline didn't' have us sitting together and we actually had to convince a couple to take the two bulkhead seats so we could sit in the narrowest seats of the plane together. Seriously the rear of the plane narrows and the row in front of us had five normal seat, the row behind us had only four, so we had these five mini seats that were just perfect for nursing a baby. The stupid arm rests folded up but only to a worthless 45 degree angle, and after skewering myself under the boob on one I said, "I'm really surprised more people don't go on killing sprees." Because honestly, I have two (mostly) well behaved kids, a helpful husband, loving and supportive extended family, financial security, so many blessings, and yet there were moments of being close to tears and screaming yesterday. I'm ashamed to be so rich and yet so close to the edge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I so hear what you are saying, Bridget. I feel like that every day. Can't wait to see you all Friday.
kkk
Post a Comment