Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Have bullets. Will travel.

  • Note to self, if you are not going to post for a few days at least make the last post something interesting, or if that proves impossible at least leave everyone with a cute picture of Silas. That way when Trey checks in during the tedious times and curses you for not posting anything at least he can't stay mad for long when he sees your sweet baby's face.
  • But don't be too hard on yourself, self. It's not like you knew you wouldn't be posting. It's not as though you knew when Orrin casually mentioned, "I have a little bit of a sore throat, no, it's more like a scratchy throat," that he was actually spewing cartoon cold virus mascots into the air and they would proceed to march into the ears, nose, and throat of all innocent bystanders, and wreak havoc on your little family all weekend long.
  • Today I saw a man wearing a bright red sweater driving a tractor down the road. I honestly thought for a split second, "Bobby? What are you doing driving a tractor down the road in Ireland?" Further proof that you can take the girl out of the midwest but you can't take the midwest out of the girl.
  • I went to a ceilidh last night. It was ridiculously fun. Sadly, Orrin stayed home with the baby, but maybe next week we will all go. If we can talk Rachel and Trey into it, or maybe some combination of us will go. It's a weekly class, and there are a range of experience levels so it's pretty interesting. It is a bit like the Scottish country dancing we did in West Lafayette, but there is a lot more spinning and swinging. Makes you dizzy, and word to the wise, you don't drink your pints before you dance, only after. Very smart. I have to get back in dancing shape though so that I can go visit Lindy and show off my mad skillz.
  • We took a short hike along the cliffs in Ardmore, along the south coast on Saturday. We must have seen 1000 huge black slugs on the trail. I cleaned out the car on Sunday in preparation for visitors and to remove the feathers from the dead bird that was thrown in the drivers side window on Saturday. Then we put a full sized and a twin bed together in the guest room, so our guests will be sleeping in luxury.
  • But now I have to go clean the bathroom so they don't wake up from their luxurious rest (with a 3 month old?!) and slip on the filthy tile. Or maybe the filth makes it nice and sticky and prevents falls. Hmmm....

2 comments:

Henry said...

Hmmm indeed, filth as a safety device. Interesting concept.

I was about to curse you. I am doing exactly those tedious things today and needed some reading.
Trey

Lindy Lois said...

CEILIDH IS THE BEST!!! i think it's like if you supersized a square dance... then injected it with AWESOME... rinse and repeat. when you come i'll try to find one.