Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rehash

A few things from yesterday's post
1. The buttermilk crust was a little on the soft side, so you may need to use a little more flour when rolling than usual.
2. I didn't mean any offense to the Amish Community. I admire the devotion to the land and to their god. I admire their ability to resist what must be a temptation to the modern conveniences that the rest of us take for granted. Most respectable, is the rumspringa, which is a year that all 16 year olds are allowed to take of "freedom" in the "english" world. During this year they experiment with the customs of the outside world before committing themselves to the Amish church.
3. Also, I think it is probably easier to tell cotton and wool apart then it is an atheist from an Amish. Obviously, you can't determine a person's belief system simply by looking at them. In the words of a former co-worker when he found out I didn't believe in god, "But you seemed like such a good soul."

3 comments:

Casey said...

"But you seemed like such a good soul."

Bwahahahahahaha! Had he ever even talked to you?

Just kidding.

Henry said...

Oh Damn, Casey beat me to my joke...
Henry

ccw said...

I had no idea you were actually offending Amish people yesterday. Maybe I am also a bad soul.

I had the same concerns once over a post in which I referred to crack whores. So, I added a disclaimer stating that I didn't mean to offenc any crack whores.