Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sticks! Hornet's Nests!

It's official. I can't win. Orrin came home and told me this post makes him look like a push-over, a wimp, who does whatever I say. To which I thought, "I guess this blog really is making me a better writer, look how realistically I can convey my world." Just kidding.
But seriously, from now on, my husband has to fend for himself. At least on the blog. He is listed as a contributor, and his post is probably the sweetest, most thoughtful thing on this entire stupid mess of a blog. So, really, I know he has it in him.
So the next few posts will be dedicated to provoking Orrin, through insults, embarrassing stories, and general poking with a sharp stick. And I'm not giving up until he posts something. Or until I get tired of it. He is generally pretty difficult to provoke. I know. I've done the 8-10 hour Minnesota to Michigan/Indiana drive with him enough to know that he can withstand even "Found A Peanut" over and over again. And I have a pretty short attention span.

7 comments:

Henry said...

Do you want us to help? Could be just the thing.

Lise M. said...

I'm going to offer encouragement instead of threats - Orrin, you do write very well and since these posting are YOUR history, too, please try to contribute your experiences along with Bridget's. Some day your son might like to know "What was Dad THINKING!?!"

Orrin said...

I wish you hadn't linked to my post. It was just fading out of everyone's memory. I might just possibly have to post something now. If I can remember my password.

Anonymous said...

Hey the last one went on-maybe I can get the hang of this yet(even without kids home to help)- I want O to write too, but understand his genetic reluctance- B don't let it slow you down-and send the S walking video soon

Elissa said...

I already pestered on R and T's blog, but just for good measure...

OK, everyone's been in Ireland for a whole weekend and I have not seen any pictures of the cute cousins (one already walking!)!!! I am waiting...

I hope that you are all having a great time together!!

By the way Bridget, I have been meaning to thank you for the kind comment you left on our blog after the Germany post. Though, be careful what you offer - we might show up at your doorstep :) I like this current post too, because I got to go back and read your anniversary posts to each other - very sweet (and Happy Birthday to Silas only 2+ months late! great pirate ship cake! very impressive! the fridge light even looks like the sun in the sky) But don't be too hard on those who have trouble posting; it just doesn't come as naturally for some of us (she says defensively). I even have trouble posting comments! Like, should I really post this!? Then others might read it!! What will they think!? I don't know! Oh my goodness!!

Catherine said...

I'm more suprised that you can entertain yourself with "Found a Peanut" long enough for it to become annoying to Orrin. You usally give out once you've run out of accents to sing it in.

Casey said...

I am not seeing any sticks or hornets. Don't tell me you've resorted to calm suggestions and compromise.