Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cookie Monster


In the last post I mentioned that Silas was eating the butter cookies that we made for Halloween. But I neglected to mention that Silas actually helped with the making and decorating of the cookies. So here is the phographing evidence of how, Little Red Hen fashion, Silas was totally entitled to those cookies.

Must. Concentrate. On. Mixing. Must. Not. Sample.

Ok, maybe just one little sample when no one is looking. And in case you are wondering, I came up with this all on my own. Never once seen Mom do anything like this. Nope, nope, nope.

(Bonus points to anyone who spots the three hazards Ruth Yaron would have written big ol' warning labels about in the middle of the post)

Mom was watching me like a hawk with the frosting though. I barely even got to lick any off my fingers. I don't think she cared for my stabbing method of icing the cookies, either.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

So so cute.

As for the hazards, I would guess: sitting on the counter, the uncovered electric outlet behind him and the proximity to the stove. But, that is overlooking the sugar in the cookie dough, the chance that a tiny piece of silicone might slough off the spatula, the liklihood that he'll gat a paper cut from the book, he's fingernails not being trimmed recently enough....

Elissa said...

Hey, I had the same guesses as Rachel! I guess she wins if they're the right ones. Maybe I will switch out sitting on counter (I mean, technically we can't quite see the drop off, right?) for the choking hazard to have a chance at the win :)

By the way, very cute skeleton and cookie baker! :) Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

My hazard guesses:
1) Sitting on the counter
2) Unprotected outlets
3) I think I see a pot on a front burner... I remember that being a no-no back in the day.

But what do I know? I only have to dog-proof my house.

By the way, I LOVE your kitchen, from what I've seen in your posted photos. Those countertops are gorgeous!!!

Bridget said...

Good guesses everyone, but the third hazard I was looking for actually pertains to the raw eggs in the cookie dough.

The stove was actually turned off at the moment, even the ignition button- otherwise Silas stands at the stove and holds it down 'click click click' for minutes at a time.

Lise M. said...

Oh, I didn't get to guess - though the outlet was the only hazard I identified - I got very accustomed to children sitting on my counters and eating raw cookie dough! Thanks for the photos - Silas is, as always, cutie-patootie! I'm so glad he's willing to help with all the tasks at your house - sweeping, laundry, washing the car, cooking - maybe there's a child labor law that been violated, could that be a hazard??? Love you...

ccw said...

He is so cute! I bet those are the best cookies ever.

purple_kangaroo said...

Absolutely darling!