Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Venice Teaser

We're back from Venice. I'm pretty well exhausted from late night traveling by car, plane, bus, boat and foot. No trains, sadly. That and having a head full of snot. Or more specifically half a head full of snot. I feel like I must know what it is like to have had a stroke and have one side of your face feel so different than the other. One itchy eye, one puffy sinus, one clogged nostril.

Venice itself was beautiful in its sinking decaying glory. And I will post a more in-depth review of that tomorrow maybe once I get the laundry done, and get this burned bean smell out of the house. 1 pot beans+ not enough water+1 hour on the phone with your mom=disgusting odor. I can't even blame this one on Silas who has been asleep for the last three hours recovering from his rollicking good time on the plane last night with the little German 14 month old that sat in front of us.

2 comments:

Lise M. said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling good...it's bad enough to be tired from your trip without adding sinus problems to the mix. Hope it clears up soon, as well as the burnt bean smell!
Lovely shot of the canal, and I (patiently?) await the rest of the tour of Venice (and lots of pictures of the babies...and you adults, too, I guess)!
Love you...

purple_kangaroo said...

I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon! I'm glad Venice was lovely.