Mittens that is.
Mom gave me these Stitch and Bitch knitting books for Christmas and and among the super cute patterns was a pattern for alligator mittens. Silas needed mittens and I figured they were small enough that my attention span would last through them. Then after I finished the first one last week, and showed it off to everyone who would listen, I got a little distracted. But this weekend I finished number two and put eyes on them.


Mom gave me these Stitch and Bitch knitting books for Christmas and and among the super cute patterns was a pattern for alligator mittens. Silas needed mittens and I figured they were small enough that my attention span would last through them. Then after I finished the first one last week, and showed it off to everyone who would listen, I got a little distracted. But this weekend I finished number two and put eyes on them. 
Although I couldn't find sew on googley eyes anywhere and the eyes I embroidered on were kind of shotty. Silas loved wearing them so much that the eyes are coming off already, so I do have to figure out a better way to do that. But look how cute they are! They are far from perfect and very wobbly with lots of mistakes, but seeing how I now have to make them for everyone I know, they will get better.
And, just because some of the cuteness of his cousins must have rubbed off on Silas here's a couple pictures from the last week and half since we've been back in Ireland: so tired he can't make it up the stairs to his crib, emerging from his cuboidal egg, and a tribute to the late, great James Brown.

6 comments:
Your mittens are SOOO fab, I'm at a loss for words! Can I have a pair, too?? They are ALMOST as cute as Silas, but of course, that's impossible! Thanks for the photos - it helps me do without you all, which you know is so difficult for me. Hugs and kisses XXOOXX
love you, Mom
(I am really impressed with your knitting - and your commitment to it!)
Cute mittens - what a talented mother Silas has. Thanks for the pictures - always fun to see.
I can't believe how quickly you finished those mittens. They are so cute. I think the eyes look okay, maybe mom can send you some goggly eyes in your Valentine's Day package.
i want one!!! and two. one silas, two mittens. capice? (spelling?)
yes they are great mittens- it is so good to see you progressing so well on the knitting- it is a bit like biking in that you learn now and can pick up later(it was years between my last sweater and my g-kids sweaters,well there is the blue one you got as an imperfect sample,but it comes back!)
Those are so cute! I love those mittens.
Post a Comment