Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shoes glorious shoes

Rachel tells me that shorter more frequent posts are preferable to loner less frequent ones. Well, wait until she reads the meaningless garbage that I can frequently come up with, then she may be changing her tune.
So I'm taking advantage of this weird trance like state the Silas is currently in where he's sitting peacefully on my lap as I sit at the computer and read, and *gasp* even as I type. Yes, typing with two hands and a child on my lap. Alright so now it's not just peacefully sitting but lightly pinching my arms. Still he's awake and I'm sitting down at the computer and there is no screaming, grunting, or being pulled somewhere to go blow bubbles.
Today he discovered the eject button for the CD-ROM drive. I suppose it's not really a good toy for a toddler, but it sure is convenient to sit and type and while he quietly pushes the same button over and over again.
So what I was going to say, is that we're sitting here at the computer and I'm checking my email. Sometimes I go to the inbox and just delete anything not from an actual person without even opening the message. But today I flipped through them, one by one.
Two messages of cute shoes on sale. One was the irresistible Robeez, the other was Piper Lime with pictures of freakin' adorable ballet flats. A-dorable. It is too much.
But that is one of the benefits of living in Ireland I guess. No shoe store in town has a woman's shoe over a size 9. And yet they all stage beautiful window displays of some of the cutest shoes I have ever seen. Window displays I walk by nearly every day. So I am becoming immune to the siren call of the shoe. OK, not immune, but it is muffled a bit. All thanks to my size 11 clodhoppers.

"We go through microwaves like most people go through shoes." -Hank Hill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much of a shoe fetish myself, but mom had a purse for every pair-glad to hear Silas is getting button happy- I do miss you and this ,wheather often or long, is a great keep-up-with-the-world for me. -mom L

Lise M. said...

Big feet are a sign of integrity and generosity. Plus, they keep you balanced better than little feet!

Catherine said...

Oh, Bridget big feet mean there is just more of you to love.

Anonymous said...

Forget the shoe stores, get on the internet. There are sites that actually specialize in large size shoes for women. Try these:

http://www.shoesofyourdreams.com
http://www.barefoottess.com
http://www.kathrynkerrigan.com

Anonymous said...

Yes people with big feet dont get the corect size shoes to fit them..i too have the same problem..i purchased shoes from this websitewhich is very comfortable for my feet.