Thursday, March 01, 2007

We go together like moo moo baa cluck*

I love to sing. And while I think I have a decent enough voice, I have no memory for lyrics. So when I sing I typically sing the same couple lines over and over again, or otherwise mangle the words, and have been much harangued for it by my dear sisters.
The other day though was a personal best even for me, as I sang "There are No Cats in America" from Fivel's American Tail to the tune of "America" from West Side Story.
It went a little something like this "There are no cats in America, for a small fee in America!"

Orrin's reaction? "Sounds ok to me."

4 comments:

Catherine said...

You do know that those aren't the correct lyrics from "There are no cats in America" right?

Lise M. said...

I agree with Orrin - I'd pay the small fee, too!

Of course she knows those aren't the right lyrics - nor is it the right tune from Feivel, but I like the way Bridget sings it - ever so interesting!

lucy said...

in this instance i think she knows that these are the wrong word. sometimes she sings the wrong words and doesn't know that they are wrong

Anonymous said...

sorry to say that is my singing ability to a T- that is why O didn't see anything wrong- and why I ended up whistling mostly (no words to get wrong!)