Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Random Bullets of Bad Moments in Motherhood

  • As I swept the kitchen floor this morning, Silas was actually running with scissors. True they were safety scissors of the type that wouldn't cut dirt, but if we are to believe what someone learned in shop class, he might as well have had a scimitar.
  • Don't mess around with explosive diarrhea and potty training. Just put the baby in a diaper (hell, I'll even advocate a disposable diaper in this case) and wait until it's over. I mean, change the diaper, of course, before it's all over, but keep the butt in a diaper at all times.
  • I made my sick baby cry by refusing to read "Snoozers" one more time. Honestly, about the only thing worse than reading a book 200 times in a row is not reading 200 times in a row. By that I mean, I read the left page, Silas insists on turning the page, repeat until the end of the book. Then flip backwards through the book, while only reading the right hand page. Maybe I'll write a book in that format someday.

No comments: