Monday, March 19, 2007

“Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut.” *

Did you click on that Ritter Sport Link in this post?

Here's some of the best parts:
"Turkish hazelnuts with precisely defined ideal dimensions – between 1.1 and 1.3 cm in diameter" Who knew there was an ideal dimension for a hazel nut? Do hazel nut parents forbid their children from playing with Ritter Sport Hazel Nut dolls because they set unrealistic standards of beauty?

"If you enjoy an active life you also expect more from chocolate." Why, yes, the pureed dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts will be perfect in my personal hydration system for the cycling leg on my Iron Man competition.

"In order for you to identify the sort you like most at a glance, all Ritter Sport squares have their own packaging colour - and of course the unique, handy snap-open-pack. This means you can easily snap open your Ritter Sport any time, any place - and it’s just as easy to reseal it, although real chocoholics might find the latter rather difficult to do." OK, having eaten, approximately 1 Ritter Sport per day for the last two weeks, I have to say that, if I am any indication, it will not even occur to a "real chocoholic" that you would ever need to reseal it. But then maybe that's because I don't enjoy an active life style. Also, that whole color coding thing is a joke if the grocer store stacks the boxes of different varieties in front of each other. Peppermint? In front of butter cookie? Come on Edeka stock boy, I know you are trying to save them for yourself, but that's a pretty dirty trick.

Also.... DIET? With maltite? Only available in Germany though.

*Square. Practical. Good. In the US the slogan is Quality in a square. In case you didn't plumb the depths of the Ritter Sport Website like I did, the square chocolate bar was introduced by the company in 1932 by Clara Ritter because she wanted to "make a chocolate bar that will fit in any sport’s jacket pocket without breaking, and yet still weighs the same as the normal long bar of chocolate.” Ah.. sporty.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

mmm... butter cookie ritter sport. Maybe I'll stop by Target tomorrow (in preparation for my long day that will be Wednesday).