Monday, March 05, 2007

Sometimes even to a man miniature = cute

So how often are you really taken aback and think ‘man am I lucky’? Not in the ‘thank goodness I wasn’t called on in class’ type way, but more the 50 million jackpot kind of way. Today was probably 2 million jackpot day. Not at work, that was more like run the gauntlet, a.k.a. everyone beat down Orrin because he’s trying to make progress at work! Stop him! Type day.

The jackpot came at home.

I was supposed to be in MN now for work, but due to work had to stay in IRL for a few more days. Rather than getting $1000 tickets to MN with me, Bridget bought herself and Silas €50 round trip tickets to Germany to see the other part of the expatriate family. Not a good set up for a jackpot.

My trip was moved out, but because I’m working 24/7 (with this 30 min blog break) to attempt progress at work, Bridget kept her engagement with Ryan Air and left me to fend for myself... After she made a quick grocery stop to stock me up with foods I like and I could easily cook for myself. Sweet right? She is the best.

All was going according to plan, I got home at 8:30 tonight, decided I had just enough energy to cook the taco salad Bridget planned for me.

After all this build up, you’d think the jackpot would be good. It was a miniature head of lettuce. Seriously. 4” diameter head of iceberg lettuce. I’ve never seen such a thing in my life. Our fridge is tiny, so it’s appropriate, and I can now rationalize that it was just to serve one person and a wise decision, but that was my jackpot moment.

Opening our miniature fridge, and our miniature vegetable drawer (a full size iceberg lettuce would not fit), I saw this little, specially bought item, and felt really, really lucky.

That little head of lettuce was a 2 million jackpot after my day. I would post a pic, but I was too hungry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A LIVE BLOG FROM ORRIN- AND i JUST TALKED TO YOU AND GOT THE BASIC OUTLINE- TALK ABOUT JACKPOT MOMENTS- IEVEN GOT TO HEAR THE NEWS NEW-WOW- WELL HOPE THEY APPRECIATE MY BRILLIENT SON- LOVE MUM

Catherine said...

I'm glad that you had a mini-lettuce head to make you feel better. Although isn't sad when you are so over-worked that any little cool thing makes you feel about 1000 times better?