Friday, July 13, 2007

Knit-errific!

I finished my first ever sweater! Unfortunately, I think it's a little jacked. I made Silas try it on for me and some how the sleeves are about the right size for him, but the neck hole is kind of big and the whole thing is too short, providing a bolero effect. I followed the pattern! Granted on bigger needles with bigger yarn, but sheesh. It was intended to be for the new baby anyway so maybe the proportions will be right at some stage of development. It's making me a little leery to attempt a sweater for myself though.
And here is a scarf I made from ribbon yarn. Chances are someone who reads this blog will get it as a Christmas gift. Any takers?
Finally, some baby booties I made at home because Mom wanted to watch me knit. And I was trying to convince her to make a baby sweater and stop just practicing on swatches. She is going to a class on needle felting to decorate a panel I made for another sweater, like the one above, but I hope one that actually fits a human child. She did it! Same deal on the booties, I know some of you are expecting babies. Would you like them for Christmas?
Up next is more felting for slippers and bags, and a scarf with a bonnet. Until I work up the nerve to try some cabling.

2 comments:

Lindy Lois said...

knit some sun glasses and I will wear them in l.a.

for christmas

Anonymous said...

Your scarf looks wonderful. You are soooo talented! Anne