Yesterday morning we were all lying around on the floor pretending to be making plans for the rest of the day and thinking about how we didn't want to do much of anything when Silas spied my exposed belly. We've told him a couple times before that there was a baby in Mom's belly, but it never seemed to really stick. But now that there is a bit more of a belly, Silas is a bit more interested.
I asked him if he wanted to listen to the baby. He looked surprised and excited and quickly put his ear to my belly. In a tiny voice I said "Hello Silas!" and Silas turned and said in a whisper "Hello baby!" Orrin went to get the fetal scope that Rachel sent over to see if he could actually hear the baby's heartbeat. Silas had to try this out too. Listening to Mom's belly, and his own baby in his belly, and everyone's heart. After a while he seemed to get tired of the doctor play and we put it away and got on with the day.
Today after playing with the Brio trains for a while he noticed me tummy again. He came over and pulled up my shirt and put his ear to my belly. "Good," he says. Then he pushes my shoulders back and says "Lelax." and brings me a pillow for under my head. Then he runs out of the room muttering something.
I hear a drawer opening in the kitchen, close my eyes, hope it's not the knife drawer, and try to "lelax." He returns shortly with a wire whisk. Pulls up my shirt again and places the whisk in a few key spots around my belly. "Good," he proclaims again then runs back to the kitchen. He returns with a meat tenderizer. "What are you going to do with that?" I ask. Same thing he did with the whisk apparently.
Each time he would proclaim that whatever diagnostic test he was doing was "good" and then run back to his medical drawer. I was blended with a pastry blender, smoothed with a rolling pin, and had my belly button reamed with a juicer before my exam was completed.
I guess the baby and I are still healthy. At least according to Dr. S.
3 comments:
This is so cute!!! It made me smile!
Ok all this talk and now I want to see the belly:)Where's a picture already!
oh how great- now we have a dr in the family- just in time to care for the old people-see if his gereatrics is as promising as his geinecology (ok-remember where O got his spelling)--so great I can just see his expression-so serious, but with that gleam in his eye-Enchanting!-MUM
Post a Comment