Today has been one of those days. Silas' teeth are coming in very slowly and he's having a really hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. Then again, he's having a hard time being awake. He runs his tongue over his gums so much I'm sure his teeth are bothering him. I just wish we could figure out a way to comfort him other than nursing or climbing the stairs. So it was 1 o'clock this afternoon before a got showered and dressed this morning.
We played briefly with some dominoes and the newspaper. But I spent most of the day nursing him and alternated looking longingly out the window at the rain and the clock.
The good news is that we got a check from the insurance company today to cover what was broken in the shipment. I was actually quite surprised it came so quickly and with such little fuss. But then again, it was a pretty small amount. I guess that's the benefit of not having anything of any value.
I heard from my cousin Abby this afternoon. Her flight was delayed in getting here so she arrived this morning instead of yesterday morning. And the horrible weather is putting a bit of a kink in her plans to explore the Aran Islands and Connemara. So I'll go pick her up in Limerick tomorrow and we'll decide if we want to go to the Cliffs of Moher or to a museum or castle or what.
In honor of her visit I cleaned the bathrooms this afternoon. Quite an accomplishment for me. This is really stupid, but we have these toilet brushes that squirt the cleaner out of the brush, and I think they are the greatest thing. I think those gimmicky flushable head toilet brushes are stupid, but for some reason these squirting brushes are just genius. Maybe because they are refillable and don't feel as wasteful. Maybe because they smell like Coast soap. Whatever. It's a sad thing to love, I know, but most of the other appliances in this house are out to get me so the toilet brush really makes an impression.
Yesterday was a miserable day outside until Orrin got home and then the sun came out and it was beautiful. So we went for a bike ride. It was my first time pulling Silas in the trailer any distance, so I was kind of nervous, but we ended up going 7 miles without incident. It really makes a big difference towing 30 pounds behind you, especially when it's uphill both ways.
1 comment:
Hugs and sympathies on the teething!
Post a Comment