My days are fluid because they are governed by breast milk and urine soaked diapers.My days are fluid because they never flow exactly the same way twice. The stream of my life may be trickling steadily along with 1 o'clock strolls and 8 o'clock bedtimes. But then it hits the rapids and skips all the naps for the day.
My days are fluid because they can swirl like a tumultuous river escaping its banks, or can meander as aimlessly as a country stream. Honestly, I don't know if I prefer the days of disaster and accomplishment or the days of monotony and calm.
My days are fluid because I trickle across the same ground day after day, picking up toys, washing diapers, making dinner. I am not a vast, deep, river. I am a tributary. And I am cutting a path for myself in the rock. Maybe, just maybe, I will leave the landscape changed for having splashed through here.
(Torc waterfall in Killarney National Park)
3 comments:
I love how you have interpreted this theme--one that was rather challenging for me. Yes, there is a certain fluidity to the day of a mother at home with her children. Ebb and flow...powerful words here today.
I am astounded and deeply touched by your talent with putting these things into words. Your mother must have raised you write!
A tributary... great way to term it
Post a Comment