One day here and Nathan is already trying to kill me.

We drove for about an hour to hike up Knockmealdown Mountain. It's a 794 meter tall mountain, but we didn't make it all the way to the top. It got really cold and windy and Silas was turning purple. Not to mention my calves and hips were pretty much on fire. I'd say we had maybe another 40 or 50 meters to the top. There was no trail at all, and we were trudging through heather and bracken and squidgy moss and little streams and piles of sheep poo. I rather regret giving up before we made it to the top as it makes the whole hike rather pointless.
4 comments:
Beautiful picture!
I would have needed to roll back down after going that far.
Ah, Bridget. I'm always impressed with your ability to walk up big hills. Seriously.
Your hike wasn't pointless...hurting yourself trying to make the summit would have been pointless. The picture made the hike worthwile! Thanks for sharing that beauty with us all (and the mountain ain't bad, neither!)
yeah- don't be too impressed casey, I was a big whiney baby the whole way up.
Post a Comment