Lately, I've been thinking about "baby milestones."
Why doesn't Silas ever try to clap his hands? Aren't babies supposed to do that? Argh! His cousin is a month younger and taking his first steps.
Even though I *know* that babies all go at their own pace, and I really am not in any rush for him to be walking and he's a sweet and perfect baby just teh way he is, no need to compare him to charts to see that.
But today we had the best "milestone" ever. I'm was sitting here at the computer checking my email holding Silas and he fussed a little bit to be let down. So I set him down thinking that, as is usual, he would scream in another couple seconds to be picked back up. But no, he quietly crawled out of the room. When I realized this, I ran out to retrieve him from the inevitable attempt at the summit of the staircase, or to take the hunks of mud that sit around the shoe pile out of his mouth. But no, there he was crawling decidedly towards his toys in the living room. And now, nearly 10 minutes later, he is still happily pounding away on his (early) birthday xylophone.
Oh, he's developing a little attention span!
No comments:
Post a Comment