Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm in trouble

You'd think having a live in nanny- my mother- for a few days would mean that I would get some more stuff done around the house. You'd be very wrong. For instance- I have not posted anything the entire time she's been here. I say it's because I'm such a charming hostess I wouldn't want to make my mom feel I prefer the company of the computer to her, but I think that's pretty clearly a lie. It doesn't help that I'm such a bad typist I essentially have to type every word twice.

But I have been a decent hostess, I hope. We did make a picnic on Sunday and go to an Irish heritage museum. We did tour Kilkenny castle and have a scrumptious lunch at the Art and Design center. A lunch that inspired tonight's dinner of Moroccan lamb parcels. We did wander around downtown colonial window shopping and stopping for a pot of tea. We did explore the grocery store and take a bike ride.

For this, I am rewarded with the sweetest pirate themed birthday invitation ever. Designed by mom, it's the cutest little treasure map. I am so excited about this party. Since it's still nearly a month away, it's still idealized in my head. I'm sure the closer it gets the more freaked I will be about it, but let's enjoy it for now. Don't worry there will be pictures of my little swash-buckler in a month.

Also, Mom, you have the patience of a saint. Earnestly, I thank you for sitting up there as I type this holding my sweet little teething baby as he fights the good fight with the sandman. Would you like to stay a little longer? Say, oh I don't know, forever?

1 comment:

Lise M. said...

I had such a good time while visiting - especially "holding" Silas, when he would let me. Thank you for getting me to all the mandatory tourist sites, I really enjoyed the Heritage park and our rainy picnic. I just wish I could have given you some fool-proof advice on how to get that sweet baby of yours to drift off to sleep - quietly and happily - on his own. I know sooner or later the three of you will figure it out. Till then, turn up the volume of the stereo! Love you, Mom