Thursday, July 12, 2007

RandomBullets of Random

  • Melina, your birthday present is a rousing success with Silas. However, the clicking if the motor and related parts is making me nuts. When I tell Silas this he marches around in circles, proclaiming "Nuss! Nuss! Nuss!"
  • A friend told me she had a miscarriage right after I finished complaining to her how the baby was moving around to much and I wish it would just give it a rest. Shit.
  • I'm officially switched over to maternity pants. Four more months of perpetual hiking up.
  • I'm thinking of getting a pet for Silas. He really loved all the animals at home, and although I think a dog or a cat would probably be a bad idea (not to mention a goat or a chicken). I'm thinking a guinea pig or hamster would be easy enough to hand off when we travel or go home. If it lives that long. Is it cruel to select an animal based on its short life span?
  • Orrin and I are going to see this tonight. I hope it is as good as I'm expecting it to be.
  • While I was home I finished Wicked and on the plane back I finished Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. Although Wicked gives you more to think about and is probably a more interesting book, I liked the story of Confessions much better. My favorite line from the first book; " Perhaps home is the place where we are never truly forgiven, being bound there by guilt." The second book, "It is the endless thinking about one's self that causes such heart shame." Thanks be to Catherine for loaning them to me.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I can't believe you finished already. I tried to lend you more than two books, maybe I'll slip one or two in the next package mom sends.

KLee said...

Kids always pick the most annoying toy they have to torture you with.

So sorry to hear of your friend's miscarriage. You had no way to know.

Pet for Silas: hamsters and guinea pigs are surprisingly hardy animals (if they're not eaten by some larger animal, that is) and quite good for teaching a little one responsibility for his own pet. Good luck!

I have a lot of friends who rave about Wicked, Confessions, and Son of a Witch. I may have to go out and get them.

Anonymous said...

Re: hitching up maternity pants... this is the WORST-- and who knew that you could be so big and have your pants always falling down?!?!

I found these cool little things called Belly Ups that are like mini suspenders that hold your pants up-- best $15 I've ever spent. If you want me to send you a pair, email me! Here's the website: http://www.lunalullaby.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=38

Glad the baby is doing well. Happy Birthday to Silas!