
If you compare last year's birthday cake, to this year's birthday cake, you might be inclined to think that by the time Silas turns seven he'll be scrounging the last stale Chips Ahoy out of a package jammed and long forgotten in the back of the cupboard.
But you know, those brownies are from scratch, even if the birthday boy did have to help make them. And I made homemade ritz-y chicken strips, and green bean and potato salad, and avocado hummus dip with tomatoes and feta cheese. And there were stinkin' 16 other kids here today. And I inflated 35 balloons only to listen to said children pop every single last one of them. 

So I am not exactly feeling like a slacker Mom today.
Happy Birthday Baby Boy! You are so worth the effort.
3 comments:
I had not seen last year's cake (or else I forgot). Wow! That ship is awesome.
However, I do not think homemade brownies are in anyway taking the easy way out. Nor is having 16 children over; that's a lot of kids.
Happy Birthday, Silas!
Happy birthday, Silas!
Happy, happy birthday, sweet boy. May you have many, many more.
Post a Comment