Saturday, July 15, 2006

What a difference a year makes.

Dear Silas,
One year ago tonight I went to bed very pregnant, hot, and sure you were never going to be born. Ever.
Tonight, we spent the evening doing this:

You were kind enough to sleep peacefully. Which is good, because a year ago tomorrow, you'll be born! And this year, tomorrow, we party!

3 comments:

Lise M. said...

Oh, Bridget (and Orrin, too), the cake is FABULOUS! You should be proud of yourselves. Wish I were there to commemorate and celebrate the firsy anniversary of your parenhood. Kiss that sweet birthday boy for me. I miss you all just awful!

Casey said...

Happy Birthday, Silas!

And that is an awesome cake!

Catherine said...

"um, I think that you might be crazy with that cake" was my first thought when you mention a ship cake. But based on the pictures, it seems like there was very little fit throwing.